A few years ago I read a book which changed the way I think. Now when asked to do something I can refer to my list to see if it chimes with it. If not, it goes into either the maybe bin or the I really don’t give a fuck bin!
My Fucklist consists of a few key things that matter to me:
- Time with friends and family – who really care about me
- Love – kindness – warmth and generosity
- Theatre – concerts – music – reading
- Creativity – learning – travel and adventure
- Conversations that stretch and challenge and make my soul whole
- Textile – fabrics – clothing – aesthetics – I like things around me to be beautiful and functional
- Helping others achieve their goals and be the best they can
- Fairness – integrity – honesty
- Organisations who care about people and nurture them
- Working in teams with people who care about their work and want to do their best
- Good leadership skills – this is so hard to find but I really feel passionately that it is essential right now in these complex and uncertain times
- and, finally I really give a fuck about having politicians who do a good job!